Applicable to vehicles up to a maximum of 7 years old having covered less than 700,000 miles at the date of application and retailing over £2,500.
What parts are covered?
We insure you against loss due to mechanical breakdown of certain parts during the period of insurance. Only the parts under the heading 'All mechanical and electrical parts' are insured. Any part or condition specifically listed under the heading 'Non-covered parts' will not be covered.
All mechanical and electrical parts
All mechanical and electrical parts are covered against mechanical breakdown on the vehicle together with:
- Turbo/Supercharge (Factory fitted)
- Catalytic Converter
- Air Conditioning (Factory fitted)
- Timing belts
Provided there is proof that the manufacturer's replacement recommendations have been complied with and they are free from oil contamination.
Cylinder block, gearbox, and axle if they have been damaged by a mechanical breakdown of one of the parts insured. The above parts are covered providing the conditions of this warranty are complied with.
- All bodywork, handles and hinges, interior/exterior trim, brightwork, paint, glass (including front & rear heated screens & elements), weatherstrips, rubber seals, sheet metal, sun roof panels, seats, carpets, seat belts, wiper arms/blades, wheels and tyres, wheel alignment/balancing, adjustments.
- Service parts and other parts subject to routine maintenance or periodic repair including but not limited to plugs, points, condensor, distributor cap, rotor arm, HT leads, filters.
- Any item or accessory not in the manufacturer's original specifications.
Unless working materials and supplies such as oils, filters and anti-freeze are required as a direct result of the failure of an insured part.
Where the condition is due to wear and tear or the clutch is burnt out.
Brake discs, brake pads, brake linings/shoes.
The clearing of fuel lines, filters, carburettors and pumps/nozzles.
Bulbs, lamps/lenses, batteries, fuses, wiring harness, wiring terminals and remaking of disturbed electrical connections, car telephones.
Air conditioning recharging, water ingress, exhaust system, auxiliary drive belts, brackets, mountings, tappings, supports, fixings and fastening devices, fuel tank, corrosion, rubber hoses, pipes and unions, all core plugs, air bags, decarbonisation, and failures caused by the build-up of carbon deposits (including burnt valves).